The Museum, prepared in evocative atmospheres of the former church of Saint Pancrazio, accommodates cospicuo a number of works donated from the Marine scultore Navy (1901-1980) to the Common one of Florence. The collection, that it opens in the city an important space for the contemporary art, offers the opportunity to travel over again the artistic route of one of the greatest scultori of the 1900's Italian.
Nearly two hundred pieces are disposed second a thematic ordering that allows the visitor to come near with freedom to the world of the artist, fact of knights, Pomone and ritratti. The museale preparation respects with great sensibility the indications of Navy in the choice of the materials and the natural lighting system of atmospheres, creating a rare effect of harmony between the container and the works.
The distance snoda on more levels: the sculptures, in bronze and concrete, are distributed on all the plans, while on various quotas they are dislocates chalks policromi and burlaps to you, ritratti and designs. The variety of the esperite techniques offers an ulterior testimony of the interests of the artist for the expressive possibilities of the shape.